The best salad spinner? In a small kitchen? You may well be thinking … is there even a place for a salad spinner in your tiny kitchen? And why, when space is at such a premium, would you pack a salad spinner in a motorhome or campervan?
Your initial thought might be doesn’t it take up a lot of room for a little functionality? And can’t you just dry your lettuce on some kitchen paper anyway?
Well in this post I want to make the case for my favourite salad spinner, and why I would not be without it in my motorhome. Or at home. So here goes.
As soon as I saw the Progressive Collapsible Salad Spinner in a friend’s VW California I knew I had to have one. Here’s why:
- collapsible – so doesn’t take up much room anyway (only 3 inches high when collapsed)
- multifunctional – use as a salad spinner, colander, salad bowl (watch the video below and you will see what I mean!)
- stackable – it’s designed to allow other items to be stored on top
- beautiful to use – the drawstring action and brake make it a joy to use
- lovely to look at – nice clean green colour, so makes an attractive salad bowl
- allows you to buy the gorgeous lettuce in French supermarkets – much nicer than the bags of leaves and almost as convenient with this gadget
- Click here to buy the progressive collapsible salad spinner on Amazon
Hopefully you can see why this particular salad spinner is one of my favourite motorhome kitchen gadgets, and also why it features as one of my 15 essentials for a small kitchen.
So there you go …. short and sweet. There’s not much more you can say about salad spinners. Except I love mine, and wouldn’t be without it at home or on the road. You can read more and buy here on Amazon.